Master The Code
Unique and Important Differences
Why Master The Code (MTC)?
- MTC rebuilds a student's reading system.
- MTC overcomes poor reading habits.
- MTC trains reading at a basic sound-to-code level.
- MTC produces rapid, measurable results.
- MTC encourages fluency and comprehension.
- MTC produces guaranteed gains in reading.
- MTC students read better for a lifetime.
Just like PACE
, Master the Code develops underlying skills and embeds the English reading code to an automatic level instead of passively teaching lessons that are easily forgotten in a short period of time. It is especially beneficial for older readers who have developed bad reading habits and will fall back into old, ineffective reading patterns if the skills are not taught appropriately and brought to an automatic level.
Using these techniques and making the sequence of the reading and spelling instruction align with the logic of our alphabetic system results in the most rapid mastery and automation of reading and spelling.The Master the Code program we teach in Sarasota, Florida, uses the following cognitive training techniques beyond simple recall exercises that yield tremendous results:
- Immediate feedback (One-on-one training allows for immediate correction of errors and encouragement of correct responses)
- Concentration (The training drills require full attention, which brings faster results because of less time off-task)
- Sequencing (An introduction of tasks and information from simple to complex in small enough steps so that new material can be mastered quickly and easily)
- Stretching (Constantly pushing activities to more demanding levels that challenge or stretch the student skills to improve)
- Loading (Adding a task upon a task concurrently, thus forcing automation and mastery of skills to a subconscious level)
Master the Code (MTC)
For your students who have reading and spelling problems, Master the Code is a powerful tool.
Master the Code (MTC) is a revolutionary 'sound-to-code' reading program that completely transforms a student's basic reading system. Students who completed MTC can read, write, and spell fluently.
What it does - Master the Code (MTC), is a revolutionary sound-to-code based reading system that consistently provides big, fast results for students who read below grade level. Averaging a 4-year increase in reading skills in 18 weeks, MTC was developed from the latest research available.
Why we use it- Combined with PACE (Processing and Cognitive Enhancement) your child will not only have greatly improved reading skills, but his/her comprehension will increase as well.
These programs have been designed to develop:
- Memory (ability to remember the sound-symbol relationship)
- Sound Segmenting (ability to separate or unglue sounds)
- Sound Blending (ability to put together sounds to form words)
- Auditory Analysis (ability to manipulate or analyze small changes in groups of sounds)
- Processing Speed (ability to process information quickly)
- Working Memory (ability to retain incoming information and process it quickly and properly)
- Attention (ability to stay on the given task in spite of distraction)
- Visualization (ability to create and use mental images)
- Reading Fluidity (ability to read smoothly)
- Logic and Reasoning (ability to nonverbally reason and solve problems)
What we like about it - The versatility of MTC can give a first grader a reliable reading system for life, and it can completely rebuild the faulty system of a lifelong struggling reader.
Yes, they receive instruction, but the student's proficiency accelerates through doing, not simply learning what to do. Mastery is exciting to students!
The program can provide an incredible foundation for those students just learning to read. It also aids individuals of all ages who struggle with reading difficulties, and is especially beneficial for student-readers who might have developed inefficient or inaccurate reading habits (like guessing words by looking at parts of the word or sentence).
We offer students guaranteed, measurable results!